Can I object to the terms my spouse has requested in the divorce?

Yes, you (along with your attorney) can reject the terms of your spouse’s offer. On receiving an objection to the establishment of a family law attorney’s settlement, the Minnesota divorce court may at its own discretion determine whether the case involves complex or substantial issues of fact or law related to property rights, visitation, custody or support. If the Minnesota divorce court finds that the case involves one or more of these complex or substantial issues, the court may implement a case management plan.